Podcast Round-Up for Creative Mom Bosses
I am a self-proclaimed podcast junkie. As in, right now I have 62 podcasts in my library. 62. Not all of them get the same level of attention from me, and I probably need to clean up my library, but 62 is the number of podcasts I decided to explore, mostly in the past year and a half. I’ve always been an eternal learner and like to soak up the knowledge and expertise of all of the entrepreneurs out there taking risks and making a name for themselves.
This is my Top Five Podcast Round-Up for Creative Mom Bosses.
If you are someone that learns best by listening, podcasts are the perfect tool to add to your daily routine. You can listen to a podcast while working your day job (typing excel spreadsheets), during your daily workout, or while stuck in traffic on your daily commute. The possibilities are endless. These podcasts have the ability to transform my mind and bring me moments of clarity, vision, passion and purpose.
1. Don’t Keep Your Day Job by Cathy Heller
This podcast has made me push through some serious moments of struggle in my day job. Cathy’s raw honesty and supportive nature is always welcome in a hectic workday in which I’m often struggling to find true meaning and purpose. Through her intentional and purposeful interviews with people who have actually broken the status quo to pursue their passions in life, she sets the stage for a hopeful future – and allows me to see the possibilities open up ahead of me for becoming the creative entrepreneur I desire to be. Each episode makes me want to run ????♀️ far from the place I’m stuck in, and shout to the rooftops, “I can follow my dreams. I am enough. I’m strong and I’ve got this!!” Yes, the podcast is seriously that inspiring!
5 Must-Listen Episodes:
1. How to build your creative empire with Christina Scalera – March 4, 2018
2. How to empower your money mindset with Hilary Hendershott – February 18, 2018
3. How to be a badass with Jen Sincero – April 9, 2018
4. How to Find your purpose with Jessica Huie – May 14, 2018
5. What are you meant to do with Jeff Goins – April 30, 2018
2. The Goal Digger Podcast by Jenna Kutcher
Jenna’s heartfelt interviews and topics are exactly the recipe I needed to launch my blogging and writing business forward. So often we doubt our capabilities and downplay our strengths because of fear of rejection. The Goal Digger Podcast is all about making your best life and ditching the fear in order to pursue your dreams and passions. I always feel so pumped and ready to take on the world after listening to one of Jenna’s podcast episodes. She not only encourages listeners to pursue their passions, but also gives practical business and marketing tips that you can add to your creative entrepreneur toolkit. She even has Pinterest Marketing materials for those interested in building your blog traffic via Pinterest (I’m still figuring that whole process out, but it’s nice to come across resources shared by entrepreneurs who have been in your exact shoes not too long ago.)
1. Writing a Book 101 with Rachel Hollis – Episode 146 – April 23, 2018
2. Motherhood + Entrepreneurship: The Balancing Act – Episode 152 – May 14, 2018
3. How to ditch self-doubt and live your best life with Melissa Ambrosini – Episode 154 – May 21, 2018
4. How to balance being multi-passionate – Episode 137 – March 21, 2018
5. How to pack a punch with words, with Ashlyn Carter – Episode 006 – December 7, 2016 (This one is going way back- and is so impactful for aspiring writers!)
3. The Creative Empire Podcast with Reina Pomeroy and Christina Scalera
One of the joys of listening to podcasts is that I’m constantly discovering new podcasts and people to follow (I know, as if I need more than 62 podcasts). I stumbled across this podcast when Cathy Heller interviewed Christina Scalera on the Don’t Keep your Day Job Podcast. I immediately hopped over to search for The Creative Empire Podcast and the rest is history. Reina and Christina provide practical steps for building a creative empire. They focus on actual real practices you can implement in your creative business today by interviewing influencers and doers in the creative space. I love this podcast because it always makes me feel like I’m one more step closer to building the business of my dreams.
1. Batching + Focus with Elle Druin – Episode 218 – July 5, 2018
2. Blogging as a Business with Bree Pair – Episode 220 – July 12, 2018
3. Focusing + Growing on Social Media with Ashley Perkins – Episode 184 – March 8, 2018
I just discovered there’s 2 years worth of these podcasts to catch up on- I will definitely be back tracking and listening because this is a gem of a podcast for any aspiring creative professional!
4. Being Boss Podcast
The Being Boss Podcast is Mindset, Habits, Tactics, and Lifestyle for Creative Entrepreneurs. Need I say more? Kathleen Shannon and Emily Thompson spend time carefully exploring all of the mindset hacks and habits that are so important for building a creative endeavor- whether that is writing books, blogging, podcasting (yes, that is an action verb now), you name it they have a hack for you to push through the self-doubt and keep launching forward. Just a word of warning- this one does carry an E rating just because these ladies like occasionally dropping a swear word in (in case you decided to listen in the car with your kiddos!)
1. Are you obsessed with your hustle? Minisode – March 30, 2018
2. Money, Mindset and Energy – Episode 168 – March 20, 2018
3. Spend Less Money and Make More Time with Cait Flanders – Episode 185 – July 17, 2018
4. Saying No with Rebecca Jarvis – Episode 178 – May 29, 2018
5. Stop Feeling Like Shit with Andrea Owen – Episode 177 – May 22, 2018
5. Profit Boss Radio with Hillary Hendershott
I find that managing a positive mindset around finances is one of the key ingredients to success whether you are a creative entrepreneur or have a more traditional career and are trying to grow your income potential. The Profit Boss Radio Podcast covers every financial topic out there in a way that is clear and jargon-free. Hillary is a financial planner so she knows what’s up and continuously provides valuable resources and lessons to get you in the right money mindset. I love listening to this podcast for financial empowerment and to learn key strategies for both making more money and for investing that money in ways that will bring the most value.
1. Automate your financial freedom – Episode 84 – November 14, 2017
2. From losing a record deal to millionaire podcaster and entrepreneur with Cathy Heller – Episode 101 – March 20, 2017
3. Are you blocking wealth? Find out with Denise Duffield Thomas- Episode 111 – May 29, 2018
Notable Podcasts that I need to listen to more:
- Online Marketing Made Easy Podcast with Amy Porterfield
- RISE Podcast with Rachel Hollis
- Bossed Up Podcast with Emilie Aries
- Finding Brave Podcast with Kathy Caprino
- GirlBoss Radio with Sophia Amoruso
- Do it Scared Podcast with Ruth Soukup
Let me know in the comments what your favorite motivational and inspiring podcasts are!